UK Professional Immigration Assistance Epicentre
+44 (0) 7791145923
Skype WhatsApp Viber
+44 (0) 330 001 0342
Welcome to
Work Permit applications

This category allows you to come to the UK to perform recognized religious duties, for example preaching to a community and performing pastoral roles. This will not include coming to the UK temporarily in a non-pastoral role to perform religious rites or other duties. These categories are covered under Tier 5 Temporary Workers.


You are required to score 70 points in order to be successful with your application. The points are scored under three different sets of criteria, Sponsorship, Maintenance, and the English Language skills, as follows:
  • Sponsorship 50 points
  • Maintenance 10 points
  • English Language Skills 10 points

You must be sponsored by an organization who is licensed to do so by the UK government. This will earn you 50 points towards your Tier 2 Ministers of Religion visa. You can only be issued a certificate of sponsorship if you:
  • are qualified to do the job;
  • intend to base yourself in the UK
  • comply with the conditions to stay in the UK and leave the UK once your leave expires


You must earn 10 points for Maintenance, which states that you have enough funds to support yourself and any dependents during your stay in the UK. You must have the certain amount in a bank account at the time of your application and an additional certain amount for each dependent that you intend to bring with you.

English Language Skills Requirement

10 points are awarded for English language skills. To stay in the UK as a Minister of Religion, you must speak English to the Council of European Level B2.

Extending your stay in the UK as a Tier 2 Ministers of Religion

To extend your stay in the United Kingdom under a Tier 2 Ministers of Religion visa, you must pass the points test again under the requirements in place at the time of your application for extension. However, you will automatically score the required points for English language skills.After a continuous period of residency in the UK for five years, you will be eligible to apply for settlement as a permanent resident (also known as indefinite leave to remain).

The above options are not exhaustive as we treat every client's case individually. Please do not hesitate to book a phone, Skype or office consultation with us for a professional immigration advice and possible further representation before the UK Border Agency or the First Tier or Upper Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) (FTT/UTT IAC).

We are here to help: , 077 911 45 923 (Mob/Viber/WhatsApp), 0330 001 0342 and, of course, the helpful instant and same day Legal Centre Skype, Phone, Viber and WhatsApp Consultations