UK Professional Immigration Assistance Epicentre
+44 (0) 7791145923
Skype WhatsApp Viber
+44 (0) 330 001 0342
Welcome to


Work Permit Arrangements

This immigration category allows sports people to come to the UK to play or coach in the sports related field. An applicant should ensure that he intends to base himself in the UK. The applicant should also be internationally established at the highest level of the relevant sport. Your employment must make a significant contribution to the development of your sport at the highest level in the UK.


You are required to score 70 points in order to be succeed with your application. The points are currently scored under 3 different sets of criteria, including Sponsorship, Maintenance, and the English Language skills, as follows:
  • Sponsorship 50 points
  • Maintenance 10 points
  • English Language Skills 10 points

You must be sponsored by a sports club or its equivalent who is licensed to do so by the UK government. This will earn you 50 points towards your Tier 2 Sports People visa. You can only be issued a certificate of sponsorship if you:
  • are qualified to do the job;
  • intend to base yourself in the UK
  • have been approved by the governing body of your sport
  • comply with the conditions to stay in the UK and leave the UK once your leave expires
You will also be required to have an endorsement from the appropriate governing body of your sport confirming that you are internationally established as an elite sports person and that you will make a significant contribution towards your sport in the UK at the highest level. The endorsement should also confirm that it is needed to fill the post from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).


You need to earn 10 points for Maintenance, and you have to prove that you have enough funds to support yourself and any dependents during your stay in the UK. You must have a certain amount of money in a bank account at the time of your application and an additional certain amount of money for each dependent that you intend to bring with you.

English Language Skills

You need to earn 10 points to be awarded the English Language skills. To stay in the UK as a sports person, you must speak English to a basic level. This includes using everyday expressions, being able to introduce yourself, and answer basic questions about yourself. To show that you can speak basic English, you must prove one of the following:
  • that you come from a majority English-speaking country
  • that you have passed a recognized English language test to the appropriate level
  • that you have taken a degree taught in English, which is verified by UK NARIC
Remaining in the UK after the initial grant of your Tier 2 Sports People category

To extend your stay in the United Kingdom under a Tier 2 Sports People category, you must pass the points test again under the requirements in place at the time of your application for extension. This includes a certificate of sponsorship with an endorsement by the relevant governing body of your sport. However, you will automatically score the required points for English language skills.After a continuous period of residency in the UK for five years, you will be eligible to apply for settlement as a permanent resident (also known as indefinite leave to remain).

What we can do for you

As British lawyers, we will do our best and even go that extra mile for you. We can help you with the necessary paperwork that will be needed to ensure that your application meets the Immigration requirements.
Please expect us to do the following for you, when you instruct us to represent you or a member of your family:
  • Full and professional assessment of your case
  • Advice on whether you should consider a different immigration programme or category
  • Strong and weak points of your application
  • Advice on correct list of documents
  • Advice on evidence required
  • Instructing your sponsor, relative, employer or college (if required)
  • Final check of your documents before submission to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
  • Creating a professionally looking paginated immigration bundle
  • Drafting representations and cover letters to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
  • Working with interpreters (if required)
  • Submission your application to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
  • Correspondence with the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
  • Keeping you updated by post, E-mail or phone on the progress of your application
  • If something goes wrong : requesting a review or reconsideration
  • Any further in-country/out-of-country immigration assistance 
The above options are not exhaustive as we treat every client's case individually. Please do not hesitate to book a phone, Skype or office consultation with us for a professional immigration advice and possible further representation before the UK Border Agency or the First Tier or Upper Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) (FTT/UTT IAC).

We are here to help: , 077 911 45 923 (Mob/Viber/WhatsApp), 0330 001 0342 and, of course, the helpful instant and same day Legal Centre Skype, Phone, Viber and WhatsApp Consultations